Upgrading from Free or PRO to TEAMS? This product guide will tell you all you need to know. The TEAMS plan allows you to more easily work with people across your domain, manage members across spaces, and up- or downgrade PRO spaces.
This way you have more control over upgraded spaces, who has access to them, and more to come! The TEAMS plan also allows you to seamlessly collaborate and communicate with users outside of your team, as you can invite them to join any space. The TEAMS plan starts at just $24.99 per month for 5 managers and unlimited free users!
Upgrading your account to TEAMS
Looking to upgrade your account to TEAMS? Follow these short steps to upgrade your membership:
- Step 1: Access your user settings by pressing your user image in the top left corner.
- Step 2: Select the panel that displays your plan within Rock
- Step 3: Select "See all pricing plans".
- Step 4: Choose the number of managers you want to have in your TEAMS plan: 5,10,20,30. If you would like to add more you can reach out to us in the Rock Team space. Note that the number of managers also determines the quantity of PRO spaces you get, with 20 PRO spaces per manager.
- Step 5: Pick a monthly or annual for your payment plan. Note that the annual plan allows you to save 16.67% on the price of the membership compared to the monthly plan.
- Step 6: Press "Upgrade Account" in the bottom of the panel.
📝 Note: You can currently only upgrade to TEAMS if you have a corporate domain.
- Step 8: Fill out your details in Stripe (stripe might remember your details if you upgraded to PRO in the past, you would still have to confirm the payment).
Claiming your domain
After purchasing the TEAMS plan it is important you claim your domain. This way you will get access to different team members and manage them more easily. Claiming your domain is important to keep your data safe, and to confirm that you are indeed managing the domain.
Here's how you can claim your domain:
Step 1: Enter 'Domain Admin' in users settings (you must have purchased the Teams plan for it to appear).
Step 2: Copy the TXT code relating to your account.
Step 4: Go to your domain's DNS record panel.
Step 5: You can leave host name empty, change type to TXT, and leave default to TTL (3600) or enter 86400. You can paste the TXT record from your claim domain admin panel in ''Data". Once all information is added press save.
Step 6: Wait for a confirmation, in this case google confirms that 'These DNS settings are active. Changes are published immediately, but may take some time to propagate'.
Step 7: return to Rock and press 'verify' in claim domain admin panel
If verified correctly the panel is renamed to 'Domain Admin' and you will be able to manage the different users that have signed up to Rock with your domain.
Member & PRO space management
The TEAMS plan allows you to manage the different users and PRO spaces that are created under your subscription.
Once you have claimed your domain you can more easily manage the different members within your team. In the manage domain panel there are a few things you can do:
- Suspend users: This will deny the user access to Rock. Sent messages and files will remain, but the user won't be able to access Rock until unsuspended. This way you can more easily safeguard information when team members leave your organization.
- Promote to admin: Promote users in your domain to admin so they can manage users in your domain. Make sure to upgrade a user to manager before promoting them to admin, as the panel won't appear elsewise.
- Delete: Permanently remove a user from your domain. Sent messages and files will still remain, but the overall account will be removed.
Managing upgraded spaces
20 PRO spaces get added to the TEAMS plan for each additional manager you purchase. Each active manager can upgrade as many spaces to PRO as are available within your overall TEAMS quota.
You can use the 'TEAMS Plan' panel to downgrade spaces, add new team managers and remove existing team managers from your plan. This way you know where your PRO features are implemented and who has access to creating new ones.
Once the domain has been claimed you can upgrade users in your domain to manager in the TEAMS plan panel. Note that a user needs to be a member of your domain to be upgraded, else they will not appear. You can currently not add users outside of your domain to the panel.
Once upgraded to manager, users can up- and downgrade spaces. Note that only spaces that managers have upgraded will be visible in their panel whereas the purchasing manager can see all spaces with PRO under the plan.
Questions about the TEAMS plan? You are always welcome to mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message in the Rock Customer Support space.